Business Manager Tech City, Islington
NJC Scale PO6 point 46-49 – £39,351 – £42,032 plus Inner London allowance
Job Start: As soon as possible
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to play a strategic role in the development of an existing 16-19 academy specialising in science, technology, engineering and maths. The successful candidate will be an experienced business manager and leader who can develop the non-teaching structure of the academy as it grows to full capacity. The post will focus on leading the academy’s finance, personnel, human resource, facilities and support services management. An experienced Business Manager who has experience of working in the education sector and acting in a senior or middle leadership capacity is essential.
STEM Academy (Tech City) is based in the heart of Tech City, a hub for digital, science and technology-based businesses. STEM Academy (Tech City) opened in September 2013 and had a successful first year, meeting recruitment targets for its 2014 intake.
STEM Academy has at its heart a strong focus and commitment to preparing its students for the world of work; the Academy aims to address the persistent lack of employability skills reported by employers when young people enter the workplace. This will be achieved through STEM Academy’s innovative concept of the ‘Career First Academy’.
The Trust’s vision is to deliver high-quality science, technology, engineering and maths provision to young people with an interest and passion for STEM. The Trust aims to increase participation in STEM amongst disadvantaged and under-represented groups and aims to work collaboratively with students, parents, teachers, employers and community stakeholders to improve outcomes for its students.
The Trust promotes excellence and high aspiration regardless of individual background or personal circumstance. The Trust believes passionately in equality of opportunity and strives to create an environment where all students feel empowered through the knowledge they gain and where equal chances are available to young people of all backgrounds.
The Trust believes in a philosophy of ‘Science & Technology for Life’ and aims to help young people achieve their individual goals and aspirations through the power of STEM.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementation of the Trust’s strategic vision in the context of a developing academy
- Assisting the Principal, governing body and other Senior Leaders in formulating aims and objectives of the Academy and in establishing the policies, systems and procedures through which they shall be achieved, including development of strategic and resource plans
- Planning and implementing the academy’s financial, human resource, administrative, premises and support services. This includes the development and effective operation of systems and services within these areas, and their compliance with both local and national legislation
- Strategic planning of the most efficient use of resources to support the Academy’s vision, including income generation
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Academy’s site and buildings, and the efficient operation of all facilities on the property, including ICT.
- Overseeing all health and safety and risk management associated with the Academy and planning for business continuity.
How to apply: Please download and complete the documents below:
Closing Date: Monday 9th March 2015 by 4.00 p.m. Interviews are likely to be held on the 19th and 20th March 2015.
If you have any questions and would like further information on the Academy, please contact Bolatito Ariyo, Acting Principal on 0203 301 3620 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
STEM Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers, the DBS, and an enhanced DBS check. STEM Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.